My husband & I got divorced before the chagim.  It took a while & was very stressful.  He brought up the get last week & I very much want one.  I was told to make sure to use a reliable beth din so the get is kosher & that I will be given a peture when the get is given.  I'm not real clear what a peture is even.  I live in the NY area but am unfamiliar with the different beth dins.  Could you recommend a reliable beth din?  I'm looking forward to peace in my life.  Thank you.

Thank you for reaching out to us. I hope we can help bring you that peace.

The peture is the receipt given to both parties after the get is given and received. The get itself is torn so it cannot be reused, and then filed by the beit din.

My first recommendation for a beit din is Rabbi Howard Jachter.  Rabbi Jachter in my experience is sensitive and reliable, and his divorces are universally recognized.  He can be reached at or at 917-767-2490.  Please tell him that I referred you, and feel free to be in touch if you have questions.

If Rabbi Jachter is unavailable or not the right fit for some reason, I would suggest the Beit Din of America, and I'm happy to provide contact information if you wish.